I know. I ‘m a dork. But I’ve been waiting for the app companion for the upcoming “Star Trek into Darkness” (opens in theaters everywhere May 17th, 2013). So I was super excited to get the announcement this morning. It’s ready! You can download it at www.StarTrekMovie.com/StarTrekApp.
It’s downloading to my iPhone (also available in the Goolge Play market) as I write this. And I am absolutely going out into the world this weekend to see just how big a dork I can be collecting points, unlocking extra content, and working my way through Star Trek Academy.
I can’t believe I just admitted that publicly. But the blog is called GEEKGirlfriends.com. So you were warned at entry.
From the press release (from Qualcomm, which built the technology that made it possible):
Highlights of the “STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS” app include:
• A geofencing function for location-based experiences such as encouraging viewers to go to the movies;
• An audio scan function that can be turned on to automatically recognize and reward users for watching “STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS” content on TV and other media;
• An image scan function that enables users to interact with images printed or viewable in the real world;
• New “STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS” content, such as videos, images and wallpapers delivered directly to users’ mobile devices;
• Exclusive opportunities and special offers only available to app users.
You need to see a movie preview now, don’t you? Me too. Here it is:
Live long and prosper.